I am EXHAUSTED!
As you know by now, a few of my awesome Filipino foodie buddies (Albs, Fred, Tina, Arnold, and Hubby Bub) and I made a trip to Southern California last weekend. We did nothing but EAT! Seriously. I've never eaten so much in 2.5 days!
Some of our great friends in So Cal (now KAPAMILYA) hosted us and they were absolutely wonderful. While I don't have all the pictures right now, I did want to send a shout out to them:
- Remil who went to ALL our events and hooked us up at Fraiche in Culver City where Chef Ben Bailly designed a menu that left us busting at the seams at Sunday brunch.
- Abby who hosted us at Lake Balboa Park in San Fernando Valley on a gorgeous and sunny Saturday afternoon and hooked us up with The Parks Finest BBQ - the only Filipino BBQ catering company I have heard of.
- Caroline who made us her guinea pigs - we're not complaining - with her halo halo tres leches cake topped with ube chantilly cream and leche flan. Yes. It was fabulous!
- Emilie who hosted our Saturday night dinner at Playa Rivera where tasty and almost orgasmic tapas were had and enjoyed by all, followed by a trip to MILK where we all satisfied our sweet tooth with cakes (blue velvet!!) and frozen treats.
- Can't forget Malou, Reese, Steve (and his foodie crushes), Wasima, and all the new friends we made and food trucks who made our experience so delicious: Marvin and Nastassia at Manila Machine, Lawrence at Tapa Boy, Debbie at Ahn-Joo, and Ryan and Matt at Grill Em All.
Here are a couple pictures from Mr. Fred Briones over at I Love Sisig from our foodie excursion to the San Gabriel Valley Food Truck Fest on Friday the 4th:
Don't fret, there are LOTS more pictures to see. Give me a little time and I will give you a FULL recap as soon as I can!
Now that I am back in the Bay, I have to focus on a couple of events coming up. The first is exactly 1 - one - uno - une - mesa - isa - 1 week from today on Wednesday, March 16th.
It is going to be #FilDishcrawl #5 at Sinugba in Daly City. Tracy and I will be celebrating our birthdays that night. My birthday is really March 16, so you better be there! =) Aside from the delicious meats prepared for us Visayan-style by Gus Camacho and his crew at Sinugba, there WILL be cake and other goodies from Chrissy at House of Silvanas. 6 ulam dishes and dessert for $35 + Eventbrite fees. It's going to be a lot of fun...
Want more info? Click THAT link --> http://sizzlingsinugba.eventbrite.com/
OR, if you just want to buy your tickets, do so below:
The second event is Outside In X aka THE FINAL Outside In on Saturday March 26th at Intramuros Restaurant in SSF. We are taking over three rooms at the restaurant!
Who is WE? Mixsterious and some of the old skool San Francisco food carts like Soul Cocina, Lumpia Cart, Wholesome Bakery, and Adobo Hobo. Enjoy your food while you listen to musicians and DJ's.
Press Release on Mixsterious Site
The Official Facebook Event Page
Simply Purchase Tickets at the following link:
Outside In X - Brown Paper Tickets
Oh yeah, I'll be celebrating my bornday there along with Kendo of Mixsterious, the lovely vocalist Jayne Rio, and Raj of Soul Cocina.
Good food, good music, good vibes.
It's going to be musically delicious.
I think that is it for now. I have given you 2 events to hang out with me, SO YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE! No really, I hope you can make it!